Monday, May 11, 2009

LETTUCE

OK.
new favorite place.
LETTUCE in Walnut creek is awesome.
It's on Locust and is really easy to find.
The first two things I noticed and loved were the table of organic produce from local farmers when you walk in AND the menu that points out which soups use veggie broth and which use chicken...helpful!

Jeremy and I discovered it when we were super hungry and it totally hit the spot.
He had a veggie sandwich and I had butternut apple soup which was YUMMERS.
I went again with my mom and got the veg sandwich and she had a caprese sandwich and we both loved em.

They also have big pitchers or water with fruit and cucumbers.
Super delicious.

Everything seems really family oriented and you get the small business vibe which i totally love.
The first time we went, an older man who we assumed was the owner brought over some apple pie for us to try.
It was so good and it was really cool of him..(for my attitude toward free food consult previous entries).

YELP has given this place some diverse reviews (http://www.yelp.com/biz/lettuce-walnut-creek) but I will continue to go back.
It's a decently priced lunch place and with yummy food and good service.
do it and tell them Erin sent you!
... they don't know me but I'd be interested to see what their response to that would be.

1 comment:

emilyinprint said...

take me here this week please!