Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Greatest things to eat at Disneyland ever

I guess it's a given that everything form Disneyland will be amazing because it's made with love, magic and baby laughs...but i discovered some new delicious treats!

My usual staples when touring the magic kingdom include: pickles, micky face cookies and chocolate covered carmel apples.
This trip however i added a few new treats that I feel I must identify them to the three people that read this rediculous blog.

For breakfast I had a mango by the jungle cruise.
They put a lime slice in the box so you can squeeze a little lime on top and suck all the juice out of that amazing disney-inhanced piece of fruit.
YUM. SO good <3

Next we sampled a variety of sweets like cotton candy, churros, etc.
Nothing to shout about.
Don't waste your money on thigs you can get at the fair...
just my opinion.

Then I stood in a 20 minute line for some pineapple dole whip which is found in front of the tikki room.
So good.
I originally was dissapointed by dole whip because people made such a big deal out of it.
My advice woudl be to go into the dole whip with moderate expectations and then be pleasantly surprised!
Photobucket
I'm still a strong believer in the mickey face cookie. You can get them at the bakery on main street and i enjoy them with a mini jug of milk. It's thick sugar cookie covered in chocolate with a white chocolate mickey face.
pretty amazing.
and it's hella big.
awesome.

So for dinner I watched others eat the giant turkey leg.
People argue me but I will be forever convinced that it is actually ham.
It's huge and pink and smells like bacon.
you do the math.

I (a moderate pescaterian) enjoyed the veggie gumbo found in new orleans sqaure by the pirates line. It's so good and it comes in a sour dough bread bowl. It has ocra in it which impresses me but some people don't like it.
::TIP::
Don't eat it on the ground because a loud russian family will argue next to you and their chubby son will run through your bread bowl like he's on fire and he won't feel compelled to apologize.

The best treat of the day, and my new favorite at disneyland, is the tigger tale. It's found ONLY at pooh corner which is by the pooh ride and splash mountain.
duh.
picture it:
four (disney made) marshmallows on a stick, covered in thick carmel, then coated in a layer of orange chocolate and topped off with milk chocolate stripes. They are so delicious and wonderful. You will never want to eat anything else again!
Photobucket
GO.
DO IT.
EAT EVERYTHING!

4 comments:

embot said...

you are special, and thats why i love you! the turkey leg is HAM! I will stand united with you sister!

Colbruski said...

First off let me say... the turkey leg is not ham... How would they get all the gross tendons and what not attached to a turkey bone? When I was a kid I would always eat the turkey leg at thanksgiving so I would consider myself somewhat of a turkey leg connoisseur. After taking my first bite into a Disneyland "TL" I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was TURKEY! After my second bite I was reminded why I don't like turkey legs anymore... PUKE

chrisainsworth said...

I completely agree with you about the turkey-ham leg. Its so obvious! Disney's only blemish if you ask me.

You have convinced me to try the Tigger Tail. Thanks for your research!

Colbruski said...

Ok I did some research on the situation and I am glad to say you are all wrong... It is not ham... It may taste like ham that is because it is smoked. The biggest rumor I found online about the turkey leg is that it is an Emu leg... but that was quickly squashed by a man who raises emus and told us that they cost way to much to raise to only charge 5$ for a leg. Also in my research I found a cooking show did a special on recreating the turkey leg at Disneyland they inject it with saltwater and then smoke it (the smoke gives it the red pinkish color) Here is my final thought on the turkey leg... Alot of people cannot eat ham for personal, health or religious reasons. So Disney selling this could get in a lot of trouble. CASE CLOSED
If you would like to know where I got my info google Disneyland Turkey Leg ham?